Tuesday 16 December 2008

LIVE REVIEW: PENDULUM @ THE KING'S HALL, BELFAST - NOVEMBER 24th 2008


We got free tickets to Pendulum outside Queens Students Union the day of the concert so decided to check them out. The Perth drum n' bassers cooked up a hell of a set that had so much energy and sound that there were many occasions where I found myself laughing in disbelief. These boys know how to put on a show. The crowd was eclectic, mixing emos with chavs in one euphoric, sweating mass of bodies. "Slam", "Tarantula" and "Propane Nightmares" were all performed perfectly and the massive countdown timer before the Encore was inspired.
Great concert but I wonder why there were tickets just being given away. Poor sales? I hope they come back anyway, I'm sure they made a lot of new fans.
Verdict: **** (4/5)

No comments: