Wednesday 7 October 2009

SINGLE REVIEW: THE GAZETTE - BEFORE I DECAY


A soild, if unremarkable single from the GazettE. "Before I Decay" is fast and angry with some awesome riffage but is it really a glorified B-side from the DIM recording sessions? It's out a bit too quickly for my liking. There is a nice middle-8 section but as much as I like the chorus, it's admittedly a bit samey from the GazettE. It's like Leech but darker.
The B-Side is "Mayakashi", a groovier, more melodic song. It's almost a Kagrra, song. It is also rightly a B-Side as it doesn't stand out in anyway.
Overall "Before I Decay" is good but they should take more time working on their songs. After the success of DIM, the next single could have been a belter. As it stands, it's more an afterthought.
Verdict: *** (3/5)

No comments: