Saturday 9 August 2008

PREMATURE EVALUATION: SINGLE REVIEW: MUCC - AGEHA



Hey, got an early review here of MUCC's new single called "Ageha". I just thought I would review it because the PV has been floating around on YouTube for a while now. What can I say, I ADORE this track.

I am not a follower of MUCC's work, I only know a handful of songs (although i picked up the Gokusai album when i saw it in my local HMV) but I must say, this song rocks my little heart. Its produced by Ken (of L'Arc~en~Ciel) and it is an assault on the ears. From its grinding rock-out riff to its melodic chorus and synth-infused Middle 8 (i'm not sure if you can call it a middle 8 but heck thats what i'm calling it), it is balls out awesome and I'm ready to sing its praises for finally giving me something good to listen to in a summer void of brilliant jrock releases.

The single isnt out yet but when it is, pick it up for sure.

Check out the video here:



Verdict: **** (4/5)

No comments: